One of my favourite - braised chicken. It is really quite easy.
- Chicken thigh or leg or drumstick
- Dried or fresh mushroom
- Ginger (sliced)
- Light and dark soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Sugar (or rock sugar)
- Hua Tiao Chiew (Chinese cooking wine)
- Sesame oil
- Marinate the chicken meat with ginger slice, garlic, light soy sauce, pepper, Hua Tiao Chiew and sesame oil for at least 1/2 hour.
- Soak dried mushroom in water (skip this step if using fresh mushroom).
- Place marinated chicken (together with the ginger and garlic) and mushroom into sauce pan, add water until water covers the chicken. If using dried mushroom, sieve some of the mushroom water and add in.
- Add dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
- Bring to boil for 20 mins. Bring to simmer for another 15 - 20mins.
- Add some corn starch with water to thicken the sauce and ready to serve.