我十二月份到香港的时候在一家菜馆尝了这道 "凉瓜排骨豉汁" 就一直念念不忘, 想找机会
如法炮制. 刚好天气这么闷热, 听说苦瓜 (也叫凉瓜) 有清暑下火清心明目等功效, 就试着来煮一煮吧!
OMG, the weather really hotdieme! I'm literally drenched in sweat all day long, making me super frustrated and quick tempered!
When I went to Hong Kong for holiday last December, I tried this particular dish "Bittergourd & Pork Ribs in Black Bean Sauce" at a restaurant and fell in love with it. Since the weather is so hot, and bittergourd has cooling properties, this gave me the opportunity to try cooking it =D
小时候最讨厌吃苦瓜了, 可是现在却爱上了它! 是不是因为老了? 哈哈!
这道凉瓜排骨豉汁带咸又微苦, 如果有放辣椒还有点辣味, 真的超下饭的. 我想往后应该会常煮哦 :)
I used to hate bittergourd as a kid, but nowadays totally love it. Is it a sign of aging? LOL!
The dish is salty with tinge of bitterness, and if chilli is added, slightly spicy as well, perfect to go with a big bowl of rice! This recipe is definitely a keeper for me :)
Bittergourd & Pork Ribs in Black Bean Sauce 凉瓜排骨豉汁
(Serves 2) *reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qYgoKe2kxk
- 300g Pork ribs, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 pc Bittergourd
- 18g Salted black bean
- 3 tbsp Rice wine
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 knob Ginger, grated
- 3 pcs dried chilli (I use 1 stalk chilli padi) *Chilli is optional
- 250ml, Water or Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water
- Cut bittergourd lengthwise into half, remove white pith portion and discard. Slice bittergourd into about 6mm thickness. Soak in salt water for 30 mins. Once ready, drain and set aside.
- Soak the salted black bean in the rice wine for 30 mins. Once ready, drain and set aside.
- Heat a small pot of cooking oil, deep fry the pork ribs for 2-3 mins and the sliced bittergourd for 1 min. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking in a frying pan or wok, add minced garlic and grated ginger, stir fry till fragrant. Next add black bean and chilli (if using) and stir fry for a minute.
- Add water or chicken stock, oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil.
- Add pork ribs, cover and let simmer at low heat for 30-40 mins, stirring every 10 mins.
- Add bittergourd, stir fry and then cover and simmer for a minute.
- Add corn starch slurry, stir fry to thicken the sauce.
- Serve immediately.