13 May 2007

Leng Huat Fishball Noodle at Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre

Whenever hubby and I work late or feel like having supper, we will head towards Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre for a comfort bowl of Teochew style fishball noodles. This has got to be one of my favourite fishball noodles stall.

There seems to be a perpetual queue everytime I go. Not sure what time the stall owner starts the day, most probably noon or afternoon; but the stall sure opens till midnight, sometimes even past.
Leng Huat Fishball Noodles used to the corner stall of the old Taman Jurong market and had even longer queues back then. A 30 minutes wait was not unusual. After the market was demolished, we thought we had lost a makan place. But we found the stall again at the new Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre!

I prefer 'Mee Kia' to 'Mee Pok' and 'mai hiam', no chilli but lots of ketchup :p... The regular bowl comes with 2 fishball, 2 octopus ball and a few slices of lean pork and fishcake. You can upgrade by adding more condiments. The meei kia is cooked to just the right QQ texture, the fishball is bouncy, lean pork is tender and my favourite octopus ball has bits of chewy octopus meat.

I believe the auntie has got some magic touch. There was a period of time when an uncle replaced her temporarily and the noodles turned out different and it just didn't feel right. I always feel a sense of warmth and calmness whenever I tuck into a bowl here, sounds exaggerated but it's true!

Taman Jurong Market & Cooked Food Centre #02-89

No comments:

Post a Comment