- Chocolate Macarons filled with Valrhona Araguani 72% Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Hazelnut Macarons filled with Valrhona Jivara Lactée 40% Milk Chocolate Ganache
- Vanilla Macarons filled with Vanilla Buttercream (made via classic French buttercream method using pâte à bombe)
- Coffee Macarons filled w/Coffee Buttercream
Once the basic steps are mastered, we could create any flavours we want.
On top of that, Biscotti which is essentially crisp Italian cookies containing nuts and sometimes dried fruits are included in the recipe pack.
Macaron batter forming 'skins'.
- measure of success
Each participant went home happy with 4 Macarons of different flavours and 2 slices of Biscotti, packed elegantly with a 'chinese' takeaway box - true blue Joycelyn impeccable style. We were also served home-made eggnog (it was really good!), Illy Coffee and Vanilla Sencha (Gryphon Artisan Tea), compliments of Shermay.
I'm certainly very inspired to try the recipes, but terribly hesitant. I shall start with the Biscotti to get a morale boaster first :)
- Joycelyn's Macarons & Biscotti Class http://brandoesq.blogspot.com/2007/03/macarons-biscotti-classes-at-shermays.html
- Shermay's Cooking School http://www.shermay.com/
- Evan's Kitchen Ramblings http://bossacafez.blogspot.com/
- Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie http://www.canele.com.sg/