After looking at the ingredients and baking the basic master recipe, I realised it is more of bun/cake than bread, maybe something like steamed sponge cake/bun?
Anyways, ingredients and steps are really very simple.
(5 buns - 7cm by 5cm muffin cup size)
- 1 egg
- 60g caster sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (I use low fat milk)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- Beat egg and caster sugar using hand whisk, until smooth and runny consistency.
- Add milk and mix well, then add vegetable oil.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter, around 3/4 filled.
- Steam the bun for 10 to 15 mins. Bun is ready when toothpick inserted comes out clean. *Wrap the cover of the steamer/steaming pot with cotton cloth to prevent water vapour from dripping into the batter.