28 July 2010

Simmered Chicken & Boiled Egg in Sweet Sour Sauce

After attending Chef Aki's Jap Home Cooking 2 Demo Class last Saturday, I was so keen to attempt the recipes that I bought ingredients on Sunday and set out to cook one of the dish, Simmered Chicken & Boiled Eggs in Sweet Sour Sauce for Monday night's dinner.

I halved the recipe as I'm not sure whether hubby would like the sourish taste of the sauce. In addition, I further reduced the sugar by half as I don't want the sauce to taste too sweet and I'm also limiting my sugar intake.

*Apologies but I can't share the recipe here due to copyright of the notes by the Cooking School.

The sauce turned out just the way I like it, more towards sourish and salty than sweet =D I couldn't stop sipping the sauce while cooking :p The taste is somewhat similar to Vinegar Pig's Trotters (typically eaten during confinement) but much more refined and not as overwhelming.



My worry that hubby won't like the taste was uncalled for. He enjoyed the dish and commented that the sauce was really appetising and good to go with rice.

So given our love for chicken wings, and that the dish is really quick and easy, it is now added to my list of regular recipes.

1 comment: