I love deep fried chicken wings (and all deep fried stuff :p) but rarely prepare this dish at home as deep frying is oily, messy and yes unhealthy. But I have this recipe on hand and itching to try it.
Sometime ago, Channel U was airing this cooking variety show, 我要当食神 Wonder Chef where participants were invited to submit recipes based on themes and selected ones would contest during each episode. One of the episode was on chicken wings and I was attracted to this recipe as seasonings used were really simple, yet the taste was good (as acclaimed by the judges, one of whom a professional chef). There's another recipe, Steamed chicken wings with salted egg and garlic which I have also attempted and will blog about it another time.
- 5 pcs chicken wings (I separated into winglets and drumlets for ease of frying, 10 pcs in total)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hua Diao Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Dash of white pepper
- Dash of sesame oil
- Rub the chicken wings with salt and leave on for 10 mins, then rinse and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Marinate the wings with oyster sauce, soy sauce, Hua Diao Cooking Wine, white pepper, sugar and sesame oil for at least 30 mins (the taste will even be better if longer).
- Before frying, coat with some corn flour.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.
The wings were really good, well marinated with the seasonings and very crispy. Most important very easy. I'm sure every household has her version of deep fried chicken wings given it's a party favourite. You are welcome to share your recipe :)