18 August 2010

Mini Veggie Frittata

Ever since I saw the Mini Vegetable Frittata by The Little Teochew, I've been thinking about Frittata Frittata!! Actually I have no idea what it is and how it tastes like! But the ones she baked certainly looked yummy and screamed comfort food :d~~~~ So, I gonna give it a try to satisfy my cravings and curiosity.

I halved her recipe since it was a trial and most probably I'll be the only one eating it (don't think hubby will fancy this). Followed most part of the recipe, using white onion, sweet potato, frozen mixed vegetables, shredded cheese (those mixed type for pizzas) and even went specially to Cold Storage to get crème fraîche as suggested, and of course eggs (a relatively large number considering the proportion of ingredients).



The Frittata turned out to be yummy, rich and savoury. Couldn't wait for them to cool down before woofing down 2! The sweet potatoes were a little chunky, could have been smaller pieces, but I was facing a screaming and impatient baby while cutting the sweet potatoes, so well...

Searched the internet for more info on Frittata and based on Wikipedia - Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an omelette or quiche, either simple or enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. It may be flavored with herbs. Wow, I didn't know all these. Hmmm... next time can explore other flavours and options. Meanwhile, enjoying my Frittata =D

1 comment: