15 January 2011

Dear Son is ONE!

My baby turns ONE today. I guess technically he's no longer a baby :)

What a year it has been, for both hubby and I, trying to deal with this thing called Parenthood and this little fellow who has very much become part of our life. Sometimes, we still couldn't believe that we are parents and he is our son. I just wonder because this sort of lifestyle is so not us. We chose to give up our DINK lifestyle; I became a SAHM; we travel so much lesser (comparatively much lesser than previous years and travelling with a baby is just different and tough); I bake so much lesser; we have less personal time and freedom; I sleep and wake early (amazing coz I used to sleep and wake late)... yes the rant goes on and on. Sometimes we just wish, we want to have our old life back.

Hmmm, so just what goes about this one whole year??? There is so much to tell and share but I don't know where to start. It's an experience that you've got to go through yourself to fully comprehend. I guess we are also not those type of parents who would record and remember every single milestone. We just roughly remember the months based on the photos taken. Heck, I didn't even make a photobook or print any photos (crossed my mind but didn't put it to fruition, my bad). Ok, but I did post his highlight photos periodically on my FB.
Well, now that he's into toddlerhood, I guess more mischief on the way, as he has already demonstrated on a daily basis. Patience and more patience for us. Sometimes, we don't know whether to laugh or cry. Nevertheless, for his first birthday, all I wish for is he will be healthy and happy always.

Ok, it's been a long day for us, with his birthday party and all. I'm really exhausted and I think my thoughts are getting incoherent. So here's sharing a monthly highlight of the year.

Happy birthday baby, and not forgetting, a pat on my back for surviving one year of parenthood and one year of total breastfeeding!














3 comments: