I know, it's an extremely simple fare. Just three ingredients, salty and fragrant luncheon meat fried to a crisp, milky and smooth scrambled eggs, and fluffy yet crispy sandwich bread that's lightly toasted and buttered. To me, this combination is so comforting and satisfying.
Once in a while, I'll make this at home, not exactly the same but good enough to satisfy my cravings :)
For the bread, don't use Gardenia or Sunshine type of bread, I buy the more premium sandwich loaf from bakeries. Butter one side of the bread and toast for a few mins till slightly browned.
Combine and cut into triangles to get two sandwiches.
Luncheon meat & egg sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dairy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp fresh milk
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 slice luncheon meat
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- Add whipping cream and fresh milk to egg and beat lightly till well-mixed.
- Heat frying pan (medium low heat) with 1 tbsp of salted butter, when butter starts foaming, pour the egg mixture into the pan. After 10s, use a spatula and quickly stir the egg mixture to scramble it.
- Once one side is set, flip the egg and off fire, let residual heat cook the scramble egg.
- Cut a slice of luncheon meat about 0.5cm and fry using the same pan (no need to add oil) till golden brown and crispy.
- Spread thin layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Toast the bread till slightly brown.
- Combine the luncheon meat and scramble eggs on the two slices of bread. Cut into triangles and serve hot.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest ( Hong Kong + Macau ) – Jan+Feb Month hosted by Annie of Annielicious Food