Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef
- 150g tenderloin, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients (except beef) into a coarse paste.
- Add beef slices and toss to coat the marinate thoroughly. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- In a frying pan, add a tsp of olive oil and pan fry the beef slices for about 1 min on each side (done).
- Serve with salad leaves and Vietnamese dipping sauce, or use as ingredient for rice paper roll.
The roll is good to eat on its own due to the strong flavours, but I do like it with the dipping sauce which is very easy to put together. Instead of lime, I used calamansi since that's what I had.
Vietnamese dipping sauce
- 1/2 pc bird's eye chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 calamansi, juiced
- Combine all the ingredients together and ready to use as dipping sauce.