Times like this, I guess I have to go back to basics, perhaps kick-start with something small, something easy, something that doesn't require much effort.
Fruit and chocolate chip muffin. Yep, this is as basic as it can get (aside from baking from a premix). Dry ingredients, wet ingredients, combine, add in the chopped fruits and chocolate chip, bake and that's it, no complicated methods, no mixer.
Banana/Blueberry/Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes 20 muffins)
- 250g cake flour
- 120g light muscovado sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 250g fresh milk
- 1 large egg (65g egg with shell)
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g chocolate chip
- 50g banana, cubed
- 50g blueberry
- 50g cherry, cubed
- Preheat oven 175 degree celsius, fan mode. Line muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift cake flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt together. Set aside.
- Mix fresh milk, egg, unsalted butter and vanilla until well-blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold till just mixed.
- Add chocolate chip and fold gently till just mixed.
- Divide batter into 3 portions (about 280g per portion).
- Add the fruits into each portion of batter, fold gently till just mixed.
- Scoop the batter into prepared muffin cases till about 3/4 filled.
- Bake at 175 degree celsius, fan mode for 20-25 mins.
- Cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container or freezer bag (for storage in freezer).
- To re-heat, steam the muffins for 5 mins.
Will be baking these whenever I have lots of leftover fruits, meanwhile I guess this current batch can last a few weeks.