20 July 2017

Banana/Blueberry/Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins

I haven't baked anything new or test any new recipes recently. Seemed to be in a rut with no mojo at all. My mind is constantly brimming over with ideas and sometimes I even picture how the final product could be like, yet the body simply refuses to get going, and so my to-bake list just gets longer and longer...

Times like this, I guess I have to go back to basics, perhaps kick-start with something small, something easy, something that doesn't require much effort.

Fruit and chocolate chip muffin. Yep, this is as basic as it can get (aside from baking from a premix). Dry ingredients, wet ingredients, combine, add in the chopped fruits and chocolate chip, bake and that's it, no complicated methods, no mixer.


The truth is, I have a large bag of chocolate chips to use up, as well as lots of blueberries, bananas and cherries leftover in the fridge. So I thought to combine them into a simple muffin. Besides, these yummy treats make good breakfast and recess time snacks for the kiddo. I can bake a whole batch, freeze and reheat as and when I need it.


Banana/Blueberry/Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
(makes 20 muffins)
  • 250g cake flour
  • 120g light muscovado sugar
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • 0.5 tsp sea salt
  • 250g fresh milk
  • 1 large egg (65g egg with shell)
  • 60g unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 120g chocolate chip
  • 50g banana, cubed
  • 50g blueberry
  • 50g cherry, cubed
  1. Preheat oven 175 degree celsius, fan mode. Line muffin pans with paper cases.
  2. Sift cake flour, sugar, baking powder and sea salt together. Set aside.
  3. Mix fresh milk, egg, unsalted butter and vanilla until well-blended.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold till just mixed.
  5. Add chocolate chip and fold gently till just mixed.
  6. Divide batter into 3 portions (about 280g per portion).
  7. Add the fruits into each portion of batter, fold gently till just mixed.
  8. Scoop the batter into prepared muffin cases till about 3/4 filled.
  9. Bake at 175 degree celsius, fan mode for 20-25 mins.
  10. Cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container or freezer bag (for storage in freezer).
  11. To re-heat, steam the muffins for 5 mins.
Love these fruity and chocolatey muffins, light on the palate and not too sweet with each bite bursting with juicy fruit and addictive chocolate. The kiddo's favourite is blueberry follow by banana. As for me, I like all of them. I guess it's kind of a healthy treat, with fruit and chocolate combined into one :d

Will be baking these whenever I have lots of leftover fruits, meanwhile I guess this current batch can last a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment