[ Collaboration with Healthy Gourmet Singapore ]
Dish 1 - Vanilla Custard & Strawberry Jam Tarts
The second dish that I created is this Creamy Tomato & Basil Chicken using Alce Nero Organic Soft Whole Wheat Flour, Organic Chunky Tomato Puree as well as Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Healthy Gourmet Singapore.
Can't decide between a tomato-based chicken or creamy chicken? How about combining them? Sometimes I find tomato-based a bit too tangy for my liking and cream sauce a bit too rich. Surprisingly, the combination of tomato puree with cooking cream worked so brilliantly together; both tastes balanced each other such that the dish was not too tangy and not too overwhelming for the palate. The addition of basil also added a refreshing aroma and further enhanced the overall taste.
During busy days, this one-pot dish is definitely a time-saver as it's quick and easy to cook and versatile to serve as well; it goes well with bread, pasta, rice, salad or just on its own.
And doesn't it look christmasy as well with its vibrant colours? Try out this dish for the upcoming Christmas holidays!
Creamy Tomato & Basil Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs, halved
- 3 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Soft Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Alce Nero Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottle Alce Nero Organic Chunky Tomato Puree
- 1 chicken stock cube or sea salt to taste
- 15g sweet basil + extras for garnish
- 10 cherry tomato, halved
- 100-150ml cooking cream
- Place the chicken thighs into a ziplock bag with sea salt, black pepper, mixed herbs and whole wheat flour, seal and toss to coat well. Let the chicken marinate for 30 mins.
- Add olive oil to a casserole or pot on medium heat and fry the chicken thighs for 5 mins on each side till golden brown and crispy. Remove from casserole and set aside.
- Drain excess oil from the casserole, leaving about 1 tbsp. Heat oil using medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sautee till onion is fragrant and translucent.
- Add tomato puree and chicken stock cube/sea salt, bring the mixture to boil.
- Add cooking cream and stir till well-mixed.
- Add fried chicken thigh, sweet basil and cherry tomato, turn heat to medium low and let the chicken and sauce simmer for 15 mins till chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with some sweet basil and any other herbs of choice (such as parsley, celery leaves).
- Best serve hot, with pasta, bread, rice, salad or on its own.
Once again, appreciate Healthy Gourmet Singapore for giving me the opportunity to try out their in-store products. Hope I'll have a chance to work with them again.
Healthy Gourmet Singapore is an online grocery store committed to bring in all-natural and contaminant-free products with no harmful chemicals and additives, to consumers who share the same belief about sustainable farming practices and respecting the environment and our body through the right food choices.
Brands that the webstore carry include Alce Nero, Belvoir Fruit Farms, NOMU and Ortalli, and range from cooking ingredients such as condiments, pasta, sauces, spices, to baking needs such as vanilla paste, chocolate and jams.
Check out their website at http://shop.healthygourmet.sg/