It's actually very simple, I marinated the wings with yuzu marmalade or Korean Citron Tea, soy sauce, salt, cooking wine and pepper for at least an hour. Then I air-fried the wings for about 9-10 mins, turning over 2-3 times and glazing with more yuzu marmalade (can also oven-bake). Instead of air-frying, could also deep-fry the wings and glaze with yuzu marmalade after that. Or coat the wings with some corn starch, deep-fry then drizzle a yuzu sauce.
The yuzu wings tasted so yummy with the tangy and fragrant yuzu marmalade! I think up next I may try deep-frying chicken chop coated with corn starch then drizzle with a yuzu sauce =D
Yuzu Marmalade/Korean Citron Tea Chicken Wings
- 10 mid-joint wings
- 1 tbsp yuzu marmalade or Korean Citron Tea
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin or chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1-2 tbsp yuzu marmalade for glazing
- Wash and pat dry the wings using kitchen towel.
- Marinate the wings with yuzu marmalade, soy sauce, cooking wine, salt and pepper, for at least 1 hour.
- Air-fry the wings in air-fryer at 160 degree celsius for 9-10 mins. Turn over the wings after 5 mins, glaze. Then at the last min, turn over the wings again and glaze.
- Place the wings on serving plate, glaze one more time, topping with a bit of yuzu peel.
- Best serve hot.