To assemble, place a slice of bread on a heated grill pan, top with a few leaves of romaine lettuce, slices of cucumber, chicken salad and finally another slice of bread. Flip the entire sandwich over, cover with glass top and viola, chicken salad panini is ready.
Chicken Salad Panini
- 70g Chicken fillet
- Salt, black pepper, mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1/4 Japanese cucumber, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 2 tsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Yuzu sesame dressing
- 2 slices of bread
- Marinate chicken fillet with pinch of salt, black pepper and mixed herbs (optional).
- Heat up a grill pan on medium low heat and grill the chicken fillet till cooked. Let it cool down slightly.
- Tear or chop the chicken fillet into a bowl, add celery, onion, spring onion and dressing. Toss to mix well.
- Heat up grill pan on low heat. Place a slice of bread on the pan, place glass top on the bread and grill for 30s.
- Place lettuce, cucumber and chicken salad on top of the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread and flip the whole sandwich over.
- Place glass cover on top of the sandwich to press for 30s.
- Best served warm.
Another easy yet hearty lunch :)
Yums! Chicken, salad, bread, will not go wrong!