07 April 2009

Koh Samui 13-17Mar 09: Day 5

Rise & Shine, Spa, Lunch, Check-out and Home Sweet Home

Around 6plus am, I peered open my eyes and amazed to see the sun rising!
Imagine I was overlooking this amazing sight while lying on the bed!

Quickly grabbed my camera to catch a memory of this lovely sight. Then went back to sleep :p LOL.
Mid morning, I made my way to the Six Senses Spa. Since I was already here, might as well try the service, although the price is a few times more than the Chaweng spas.

Lounge areaAs usual, was offered cold towel and iced bael fruit tea while waiting.Opted for the outdoor massage pavilion. The pavilion is perched just next to the beach and overlooking the ocean. Koh Phan Ngan is actually in the horizon.

Selected the back massage and realised that Tiger Balm was also used to massage and rub the back. We now fondly call the massages at Samui, the Tiger Balm massage.
Experience here at Six Senses is different altogether. Felt really relaxing to enjoy massage while listening to the waves crashing the shore, birds chirping, gentle sea breeze. (Not that the spa at Chaweng is no good, it's just a different kind of experience, ahem pricey experience here).

Changing area. Guests may also make use of the steam sauna.
Lounge area inside the changing room.

After changing, was ushered back to the main lounge area for iced herbal tea. Snacks was also served to go along with the tea.

Six Senses Gallery.No, I didn't buy anything at all :p surprisingly. LOL.One level below the infinity pool. Some deck chairs for guests to sunbath.
Soon, it was time for lunch. Only choice was Dining on The Hill.

Complimentary welcome drink.
Sparkling water.Different seating areas at Dining On The Hill, take your pick. We chose a table overlooking the ocean.
Complimentary breads and dips.
Hubby and his fried noodles.
Me and my fried rice. Both very delicious.
Pandan chicken. Meat was a tad hard though. But I love the honey dipping sauce.

Our butler arranged a birthday cake for me!
Happy Birthday to me!
Outdoor information at Samui on my birthday. Probably I can be here again next year?

After lunch, we went back to the villa, swam somemore, then packed up before leaving for the airport.

Interesting spotting at the Samui airport. The restrooms are fitted with fish tanks.
Comfortable and colourful seating areas for boarding passengers.
Courtesty corner with complimentary juices and savoury snacks.

Which tasted not bad!
The open air trams I mentioned the first day of arrival.
And our ride for the journey home.

Here, we ended our getaway to Koh Samui, Thailand. We miss the Tiger Balm massage already!

No comments:

Post a Comment