11 October 2011

Strawberry Crunch

Another recipe which I attempted (in my quest to use up the excess strawberries) is Strawberry Crunch, from Food 4 Tots.

Once again, it's an easy peasy recipe and I have most of the ingredients in my pantry. I halved the recipe and made just two glasses for our tea break. I love the crunchy bits of oats and sunflower seeds which were dry fried and coated with some honey, as well as the combination of the flavours of strawberries, yogurt and orange juice. Alas, dear son didn't seem to like it very much. He took most of the yogurt and left the oats crunch. Probably he's not used to eating oats like this. I was a little disappointed as this makes a healthy snack/breakfast and I thought I could serve this to him often. Well, we'll try again another time and probably he'd change his mind (you know kids).

If you are interested in this recipe, hop over to Food 4 Tots for details :)


No comments:

Post a Comment